Aftercare Planning For
Formulating a plan once the initial phases of treatment have come to an end is vital to the maintenance of long-term sobriety. Having a solid and stable aftercare plan will help an individual avoid relapse and go on to lead a happy and fulfilled life. It is important to recognize that medical detox is only the very first stage of recovery, and that developing a solid foundation while in detox will be absolutely necessary to long-term sobriety.
The transition from medical detox into inpatient or outpatient treatment is certainly significant. It is important that the transition is seamless, and that there is no time lapse between detox and the next appropriate level of care. For this reason, we begin helping our clients prepare for life after treatment from the moment they arrive at Princeton Detox & Recovery Center.
We prepare each individual client for the remainder of his or her recovery journey by providing a comprehensive combination of education and therapies that teach clients healthy coping skills and relapse prevention skills. We also work with their family members and loved ones to ensure that they receive adequate professional and personal support.
At Princeton Detox & Recovery Center, our unparalleled addiction treatment plans and post-treatment planning services are like no other. We tailor a realistic, sustainable plan that meets a client’s needs, taking their location, financial situation, profession, family circumstances, length of addiction and relapse history into consideration.
A Clear Path
Recovery is a lifelong journey. Our clinical staff members and case managers provide clients with a clear path for what steps they need to take in order to stay sober. To create this aftercare program, we connect clients with the resources they need to continue along the path towards long-term recovery, which may include any combination of:
- Inpatient treatment. This is an ideal level of care for clients that need a solid foundation and intensive clinical intervention before returning to their everyday lives.
- Outpatient treatment. For clients who have been in inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment can be a helpful way to help reintegrate them into everyday life. Continued individual and group therapy will help clients identify and overcome the triggers and challenges they face in life after treatment. Outpatient treatment is extremely useful in helping clients build upon the foundation they created during residential treatment.
- Sober living arrangements. Post-treatment plans often include transitions into sober living residences before a client returns home. Our aftercare team helps connect clients with sober living arrangements that meet their needs geographically and financially.
- Support groups. There are a range of support groups for people in recovery, including traditional 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, as well as 12-step alternative programs. The support group setting can provide clients with strength, support and accountability.
- Referrals. Ongoing therapy and regular medical appointments are common components of any aftercare plan. We ensure a smooth transition by connecting clients with therapists, psychiatrists, doctors and other medical professionals in their community.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Caring & Experienced Staff
Fully Licensed & Accredited