Benzodiazepine withdrawal is not just highly uncomfortable, it can be extremely dangerous when not carefully overseen and treated by a team of experienced medical professionals. The most common symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal include:
- Severe anxiety and restlessness.
- Irritability and agitation.
- Insomnia and other sleep-related disorders.
- Hand tremors.
- Muscle spasms.
- General aches and pains.
- Stomach issues like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Intense headaches.
- Profuse sweating/night sweats.
- Disillusionment and feelings of unreality.
- Depression and suicidal ideation.
Grand mal seizures.
We utilize medication assisted treatment when necessary, ensuring that clients who have been suffering at the hands of a benzodiazepine addiction are never at risk of danger or discomfort. When our medical team finds tapering necessary, we slowly reduce the amount of benzodiazepines in a client’s system until they are physically stabilized.
Stimulant drugs like methamphetamine, cocaine and prescription stimulants like Adderall and Ritalin can be addictive, and can lead to a wide range of serious personal consequences. When it comes to the symptoms of stimulant withdrawal, the psychological symptoms are often more severe and uncomfortable than the physical symptoms. At our Princeton detox we effectively treat the symptoms of stimulant withdrawal with a combination of medication and therapeutic intervention. The most common symptoms of stimulant withdrawal include:
- Extreme fatigue.
- Intense anxiety and panic attacks.
- Depressed mood, which can lead to suicidal ideation.
- Drug cravings.Increased appetite, which can lead to temporary weight gain.
- Hallucinations, delusions and psychosis.
Psychological symptoms are the main reason why stimulant withdrawal requires medical detox. While all of the other withdrawal symptoms are extremely uncomfortable and can be sufficiently treated in a medical detox facility, psychosis can be life-threatening if not overseen around the clock by a team of medical professionals. Medications will be administered when appropriate, and clients will undergo intensive individual therapy sessions.
Why Princeton Detox & Recovery Center?
What sets Princeton Detox & Recovery Center apart from other medical detox centers in the Princeton, New Jersey area? First and foremost, we offer highly individualized clinical care — a level of care that you cannot find in any state-funded facility. We remain dedicated to providing each of our clients with integrated care, focusing on mental and emotional well-being as well as physical comfort and stabilization. We also focus on setting our clients up for success on the remainder of their recovery journeys. Our program does not end when a client moves onto the next stage of treatment. Clients have access to an involved alumni program, along with ongoing support from our compassionate staff members.
How to Find the Best Rehab for You in Princeton
Finding the best rehab in Princeton for you depends heavily on your unique clinical needs. Are you looking for a rehab center that offers gender-specific care? Would you benefit from a New Jersey rehab that provides dual diagnosis treatment options? There are many options when it comes to addiction treatment, but not all of these options will be the right fit for you. Ask yourself what is important to you. Some factors to keep in mind are:
- The amenities provided by the rehab center.
- The location of the rehab in proximity to other addiction treatment resources, like IOP programs or sober living homes.
- The addiction services offered by the rehab center (look for things like daily group therapy, psychiatric services, addiction assessments and holistic treatment options).
- Whether or not the Princeton rehab accepts your health insurance, and whether or not you can afford to cover any out-of-pocket costs.
- The duration of the treatment program.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) options (this will be particularly important if you or your loved one has been struggling with an opioid use disorder).
When looking for the best rehab for you in Princeton, New Jersey, it is a good idea to reach out for guidance. At Princeton Detox & Recovery Center, we are well-equipped to help you make this important and life-changing decision. Contact us today for more information.
Get Help for Addiction in Princeton
What steps can you take to get help for addiction in Princeton? Once you acknowledge help has become necessary, it is a good idea to reach out to a professional for guidance and assistance. At Princeton Detox & Recovery Center we have experienced and compassionate Treatment Advisors standing by to help you. Not only are they knowledgeable about our own program of recovery, but they can point you in the right direction if our program is not the best fit for you or your loved one.