Active addiction leaves its mark on so many different facets of life- from your professional and personal relationships to your financial security and stability, all these pieces need to be tended to. During inpatient treatment you will participate in depth with individual and group therapy to explore each avenue that brought you to addiction: why did I turn to alcohol or drugs in the first place? Who supports my sobriety, and who enables my addiction? Many answers will come to light as you build a plethora of relapse prevention techniques to arm you for your journey ahead.
Inpatient treatment can last anywhere from thirty to ninety days, and factors impacting this range can be anything from the gravity of the substance abuse disorder or if there are any underlying disorders discovered along this journey. Some fundamental questions to ask yourself to ensure you’re getting the best and most personalized inpatient treatment program in Freehold, New Jersey are:
- Am I looking for a gender inclusive program, or a program that accommodates my specific demographic (LGBTQIA+, single parent, working professionals, etc)?
- Am I looking for an in state program, or am I willing to travel out of state?
- Will my health insurance cover the inpatient treatment facility that I want to go to?
- Am I looking for a rehab facility that works with individuals that have dual diagnosis disorders, such as mood-related disorders or anxiety-related disorders?
- Is this center for treatment properly licensed, accredited, and run by a seasoned team of medical and therapeutic professionals?
Residential Treatment Programs
The terms ‘residential’ and ‘inpatient’ treatment are used interchangeably quite often, and they are both defined as clinical programs that house their clients in a residence for the duration of the treatment process. Taking this route is a very strong step in the recovery process for both physical and mental health- Princeton Detox & Recovery Center is one of the most reputable inpatient treatment facilities in New Jersey, as we pride ourselves on the highest quality of care in all forms.
Outpatient & Aftercare
Residential treatment is by far the most recommended path to take on the road to recovery, but we understand that it isn’t a path for everyone- that doesn’t mean that recovery and rehabilitation aren’t achievable. With personal circumstances and preferences in mind, it may be best for you or your loved one to transition directly to an intensive outpatient program after medical detox. There are several outpatient treatment programs in Freehold, and we would be more than happy to help you find one that fits you or your loved one’s needs the best. IOP may be a viable option if:
- Your substance abuse disorder is considered mild and there are no underlying issues.
- You care for one or more dependents solely.
- Being absent from your career for multiple weeks at a time isn’t an option.
- You are returning to the program after a short relapse.
Once medical detox and residential treatment have been completed, outpatient treatment gives you or your loved one more pliability and personal autonomy as they slowly ease back into living independently while continuing with their aftercare plan.